Tuesday, December 28, 2010

11 Months

Ok I know I'm WAY behind, but I would feel bad if I didn't finish up Kendall's months info. Bear with me on the next several post - I'm trying to catch up on everything that's been going on the past couple months. Some of them might be short and sweet.

We got back to Texas around the first of Nov. About a week later Kendall turned 11 months (officially he turned 11 months on Nov. 11th). We were excited and scared cause we knew just around the corner was his first birthday. Bubba and I can't believe how fast the year is flying by and how quickly Kendall is growing up. He did great on the flight home, but took him a little while to get adjusted to the time change. When we first got to the house we set him on the carpet in the living room while we got our bags situated. He didn't know what he was sitting on and ended up crying while crawling to the tile in the kitchen. Poor little guy has gotten so use to the tile in Oman that carpet actually freaked him out. Something else he had to get use to was the cooler weather. I was excited to buy him jeans, long sleeve shirts, socks, and shoes. I was mostly excited about getting him more shoes. Bubba thinks that shoes are accessories for kids until they are actually walking. Me on the other hand thinks he needs to get use to shoes before he starts actually walking, so I got him several pairs. He isn't offically walking, but is holding on to everything to help him walk. I have a feeling he will be walking in a couple months or so since he isn't really standing by himself yet.

Kendall is really loved getting to spend time with all our family and friends. He actually got to celebrate his first Thanksgiving. He is definitely our child in the fact that he loved all the food. He actually got to try some new things. One thing I'm really grateful for is the fact that Kendall isn't a picky eater. Well as of right now he isn't (hope I didn't just jinx it). He only has four teeth, but is working on his fifth. He doesn't like you looking in his mouth any more, so it's a little hard to see the progress on the new teeth coming in.

He's becoming more and more independent and is loving boy things. We got him a couple trucks/cars that he loves to push around. It's amazing how little boys just know to start pushing them around. He also loves to throw balls. The great thing right now is that he throws with both hands and throws pretty hard. We might have a quarterback or pitcher on our hands. He still LOVES to push buttons. He will sit there for hours (ok not that long, but for a while) just pushing the same button over and over.

NEW
Giving high fives
Laughing at things on TV
"Reading" books
Playing Peek-a-boo on his own

NEW WORDS
Bye-bye
Baby
Thank you (or something very close to it)

NEW FOODS
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Baked Beans
Vanilla Cake

Click the picture to see it better

I still can't believe that Kendall isn't a baby anymore, but is turning into a little boy. He is such a joy to our family. Bubba and I love him so much.

1 comments:

Kendra said...

We so enjoyed y'all being with us for Thanksgiving! Can't wait until you are all back "home", wherever that may be.