Oh my gosh we have been so busy since we've been home. We got home on Wednesday, Nov. 3rd and my mom awhile back emailed me to see if we wanted to go to dinner with her and Lon on Nov. 5th at Bruno's Pizza (a fabulous pizza place just down the road from us). We couldn't turn down yummy pizza. Little did I know what my mom had up her sleeve. We get to Bruno's and my mom keeps waving us over to the other side of the restaurant toward an empty dark room. We didn't think anything of it until I walked through the door and was greeted with a big SURPRISE!! In the room was a big group of our Tyler friends. My mom along with my best friend Abby threw me a surprise 30th birthday party. When I say surprise, I mean surprise. Neither Bubba nor I had any clue. It was so much fun getting to see everyone and hang out for a little while.
Not only did we have really yummy pizza, but we also had really yummy cupcakes. Abby's mother in law made some beautiful cupcakes with the number 30 on top of some of them. I don't know how many I ate, but I know I had more then one. I love me some cupcakes. My mom had a sign made with Happy 30th on it that everyone signed for me. It was a lot of fun reading all the messages. I am so blessed to have such great friends.
It's been a while since we've gotten everyone together. There were a few people missing due to scheduling conflict (we were sad those friends couldn't be there), but we had a great time and were super happy that those who were able to come were there to help me celebrate turning 30.
Now the only small challenge we had that night was Mr. Kendall. He didn't have a nap that afternoon, so he was worn out. Thankfully he is such a trooper and hung in there until right before we left to go home. I think part of the reason he stuck it out so long was because there were pretty girls there to flirt with. Abby brought her little girl Kagen (2 yrs) and my friend Lori brought her little girl Kelsey (11 months - she is just a few days older then Kendall). It might not look like it from one of the pictures below, but Kendall was really loving having them there.
We had so much fun that night. Thank you again to my mom and Abby for throwing such a great party and for thinking about me. Y'all ROCK!!! Thank you to everyone that was able to come and for making turning 30 a little less painful. ;-)







0 comments:
Post a Comment