It is now official we have a one year old. It's so crazy how fast the past year has flown by. We were so happy to celebrate Kendall's big day home in Texas surrounded by family and friends. I had been planning his party for several months, and I must say it turned out above and beyond what I imagined. My best friend Abby and I got started on the decorations a few weeks before the party because we wanted to make most of them oursevles. Abby had made a banner for her daughter's birthday that is absolutly adorable, and I wanted to make something similar for Kendall's party. It turned out wonderful. I had stolen and idea from a blog I had seen to display pictures from the past 12 months. Well it got down to crunch time and had to pull in some family support to help get it done. It was fun watching everyone jump in and want to help make Kendall's day so special.
We decided to do cupcakes instead of one big cake. A friend of mine recommended a girl that does cookies and cupcakes out of her home. Her name is Lauren and the name of her business is More Then Chocolate. She did an awesome job on his cupcakes. They were so cute and very very yummy! I will be using her again for sure. For Kendall's cake I took on the task of making it. I ordered one of those "As Seen On TV" giant cupcake pans and got to work. A few days before I did a test run and got my confidence up cause it actually turned out ok. Kendall's cake didn't do as well. I guess I didn't spray the pan for the top of the cupcake that great cause it ended up sticking. I paniked a little but made it work in the end. His cake topper I got from a lady on Etsy. It's amazing how much Mod Monkey stuff they have on there...thankfully that is what Kendall's theme was.
Kendall had such a fun time with everyone. He slept great that night. Thank you to everyone that was able to come celebrate with us and for helping make his day so special. We thank God every day for putting such amazing people in our lives.







0 comments:
Post a Comment