Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I wanted to take this time to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving, and to share something’s I'm thankful for this year. First and foremost I'm very thankful for the love of family and friends. I've always knew that we had an amazing support system, but the past couple months has made it even more apparent. Bubba and I set forth on this wonderful life changing adventure scared, nervous, excited, and everyone was behind us, loving us no matter what decision we made. Even in Oman I feel the love and support, and I must say that is one of the things that help me get threw the day. Oman is a great place, and I hope you will get to experience it while we are over here as well. I'm very thankful for our families. I know we don't get to talk as much as we would like, but when I do get to hear your voices it means so much to me. Without your love and support I would be lost. Today is one of the harder days for me, but I know that I'll be home soon. Eat a little extra sweet potato, stuffing, and I guess turkey for us. I'm also thankful for an amazing husband. It is wonderful to finally get to wake up beside him, and know that he will be home at the end of the day. He has been making this transition such a smooth process (well as smooth as he can). He knows how hard it was for me to leave my family, and everyday he thanks me for taking such a big step with him. He is my rock and the love of my life, and I'm truly thankful to have him in my life. Bubba, thank you for the encouraging words and for always believing in me. You are beyond words an amazing man. I love you very much.

As you go through the day, just take a moment to think of the men and woman who protect us to make this day possible for us, and their families who sacrifice their loved ones for our wonderful country. Also keep in mind those who aren't able to have a Thanksgiving due to financial difficulties or other circumstances. We are truly blessed! I hope you have a wonderful day. Please be safe if you travel. We miss and love each and every one of you. Don't eat too much, or spend too much money on Black Friday!! God bless you all!!

Love always
Manda

1 comments:

Kendra said...

Happy Thanksgiving back at ya! It was great being able to talk to you yesterday. I love your cooking stories ;) We had a great day yesterday too, with family, food and football. Did I mention FOOD? I thought about getting up early for Black Friday...Not!

Take care of each other! We love you!