Sunday, April 13, 2008

We are finally in the teens!!

19 more days and counting!! I'm so ready for Bubba to be home. Usually right now we are almost in the home stretch, but with the added week it makes it even more miserable. I know Bubba is feeling the same way. They are keeping him busy, so it helps his days to go by fast. The guy that is out there with him now told him he would take the rigs, and Bubba can focus on all the paperwork. Bubba was happy to take the deal since for the past couple weeks he's been going non stop. Just 19 more days!!

School is going good. We have about four more weeks, and I'll be done for this semester. Soon after finals I'll start an Internet course for that govt class I need. Then it's off to UT Tyler. I'm ready to get all this done and over with. I'm sick of school. Love the hours I have, hate still being in school.

The girls are doing good. Mollie is starting to get use to Chloe. They will run together out in the yard and even sleep in the same bed. Yes that bed would be our bed. I wake up with one on one side of my head and the other on the other side of my head. I'm wondering what it's going to be like when Bubba gets home. Hopefully the girls will let him sleep with us. We still have a few attacks here and there. I guess it's Mollie's way of reminding Chloe that she was here first and that she's the boss. Then I have to remind Mollie that no, I'm boss. Tomorrow Chloe goes to the vet to get her 9 month shots. She's behind by a week, but no big deal. She will have to go again three weeks from tomorrow for her third round of shots. That is when we will take Mollie in to get fixed, finally!! Hopefully it will calm her down and be not so territorial.

We had some issues with the house the past week or so. We had a major rain about two weeks ago that flooded everything, including two rooms of our house. We think the water got so high around the brick that it came in through the weep holes. It soaked the carpet in our bedroom and the guest bedroom next to our room plus my closet. We had Stanley Steamer out Friday, and they said that everything looked good except the pad in our bedroom. I didn't think it was as bad as the other bedroom and didn't pull the carpet back. Well that was a mistake on my part because the pad was still wet a week later. They pulled the carpet back and ripped out the pad. They are coming back this coming Friday to replace the pad, restretch the carpet and tack it back, and then clean the two bedrooms, the hallway and the living room. It will be like we had new carpet. Hopefully everything will work out.

Well I'm off to watch Big Brother. Hope everyone has a great week. We love comments, so please leave us comments to let us know what's going on with you!! Good night!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Just reading through blogs- hope all is well...Come for a visit- we miss you! :) Gwen