Friday, March 28, 2008

Might be staying over!!!! :(

Well, we got some work going on in Oman-My back to back has to go there a week before he is suppose to come to Salem Base and relieve me. I was flying out on April 25th but I will have to stay until he finishes there. I am told that he will be leaving Oman on the 30th and flying straight to Egypt. Ok, after that being said-I have some more bad news. Let me paint you a quick picture. Salem Base-we oversee about 150 wells and around 10 workover rigs-there are two Lufkin Expats here at all times (so total 4 expats rotate in and out) We have alot of work going on here. Quarn-have about 30 wells and 2 workover rigs-1 Lufkin Expat on the base at a time (so total of 2 expats rotate in and out) not so much work-These are our North Africa contract sites. Also we have a contract sit in Muscat, Oman (don't really know all the details there) so if something happens to one of us, someone has to stay over and help out. Well we have some odd jobs going on as well as our contract work. Our Expat manpower is maxed out right now (some guys are already been staying more than they are suppose too).....Ok to the bad news, Danny (Quarn field expat-also has the most time put in over here) his 16 yr. old daughter got killed last night in a car wreck along with 3 other kids. Lufkin flew him out early this morning (1st flight available). PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS!!! That being said, there is no telling how long he will be out of pocket-he might not come back-that is a Life Changing Tragedy. So we are one man down right now-so I might be staying over more than one week. But pray that everything will work out and I will get to be home soon. The only good thing about this is that if I stay over more than my normal rotation I get double day rate pay-BIG MONEY! So they do compensate me for having to stay over. Well- gotta jet-Love you Amanda and I'll TTYVS
Hope all is well for everyone!!

1 comments:

Gwen said...

I started reading this and was SO CONFUSED! I thought I went to the wrong blog, then had to reread several times until I figured out that Bubba was the one writing! DUH