Bubba has been a little stressed with work, and I'm running around crazy trying to keep up with Kendall, so Bubba thought we needed a little family weekend getaway. He surprised me with a small trip to Al Nahda Resort and Spa in Barka, Oman, about 30 min from our house. He also set up a 50 min massage for me right when we got there. Something I have needed for a while and greatly appreciated. Kendall is starting to get heavy and is starting to give me knots in my lower back. We got to the resort about 12:30 Thursday afternoon, and found that you have to park your car in a designated area, and they take you by golf cart to your little villa. Once we got our stuff put up (trust me there was a lot of stuff and 90% of it was Kendall's), we took a little tour before I headed to my massage. This resort has it all from pools to children's area, and spa treatments to a nice restaurant. You can even get a Colonic for OR 66 ($198). While I was getting my massage, Bubba and Kendall hung out at the room and took a nap. Once I was done, and nice and relaxed, we got into our swimsuits and head to the pool. We were super excited because this was Kendall's first time to go swimming. We weren't sure how he would like it, and he did really well, but I think we will have to try it again to really see how he does. We didn't stay in the pool for very long because it was really hot and we didn't want Kendall to be out in the sun for very long. The funniest part was when we were changing Kendall out of his swim shorts seeing how big his diaper was. We forgot to get some little swimmers, so we just left him in his diaper. WOW, it's amazing how full those things can get. That might have been partly why he wasn't having a lot of fun in the pool. Once we got done at the pool and got back to the room, Kendall was out like a light. While Kendall was napping, Bubba and I got ready for dinner. Bubba was excited because the resort was having a seafood buffet. Me on the other hand not as excited. They did have a few things I could eat, but nothing too exciting. Bubba surprised me by asking out waiter if they could make me a separate plate with chicken. I was very thankful to not have to starve that night. Now the dessert table was very nice. I think I stuffed myself with chocolate mousse more then anything else. By the time we got done with dinner and got back to the room, we were all done. We all crashed and burned. It was the best sleep I think we’ve all had in a while. Kendall even slept 8+ hours straight. We are definitely going to do something like that again soon. Our little villa
the pool
















1 comments:
What a GREAT weekend getaway! It's good to do those little things from time to time. It keeps everything fresh and is good for the soul!
Aren't Kendall's diapers "up to 30 lbs"?
Post a Comment